Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saxatilis Botanical Tulip
I really don't mind weeding now and then.  It makes you get up close and personal with your garden.  It reminds you of those wonderful and generous friends who brought you a piece of their garden to enjoy in yours, and surprises you now and then with a treasure you forgot about.   However,  I don't like grass in the garden.  Not the beautiful ornamental grasses, but lawn grass.  When you weed, there is a satisfaction in knowing that that particular weed is out and gone for good.  Not with grass.  Our gardens are raised and lined with rocks that my DH brought in the wheelbarrow from all over the property.  I love the look, but the grass just loves to grow up in between those rocks and into the beds, preferably into the middle of a clump of something.  And so that is what I started on today...de-grassing the beds....yuck.  Not my favorite job, but hey, it's got to be done!



No comments:

Post a Comment