Wednesday, May 11, 2011

15 degrees Celsius at 7:30 and clear skies.


It is another sunny day with thin clouds here and there, with an east wind...not my favourite because it brings a dampness with it, but I shouldn't complain.  I can always hide away in the warm greenhouse and putter.


Today I saw my first Hummingbird, but my DH beat me to it by seeing one at the feeder yesterday and the Orioles have finally arrived as well.  What was once a too quiet spring is now filled with the chatter and music of all the birds come back home for the summer...happy sounds.


Yesterday was spent being 'Little Miss Mover', as I so fondly call a dear friend of mine.  I have never moved so many plants as I have this year, and I firmly believe that she has finally rubbed off on me in that regard.  I don't think that there is a time (except for winter) when we have talked about gardening and she hasn't mentioned that she moved this plant or that and I am finally doing it as well.  


Monday, myself and two other gardening buddies visited the spring gardens of a woman close to Dornoch.  She is a collector of peonies, starts them from seed and has also bred daylilies.  Her gardens are full of unusual plants and she is brave and pushes the plant hardiness zones.  Speaking of visiting gardens, there are quite a few new ones on the Rural Gardens of Grey and Bruce Counties  www.ruralgardens.ca and it will be fun to plan our outings again this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment