Wednesday, July 9, 2014

New Additions, But Not In The Gardens

My friend SF has been such an encouragement with my cards, giving me examples as to how I can expand on themes, etc.  SF creates beautifully crafted jewelry, and has encouraged me to try my hand at it, so I finally took the plunge and gave it a go.  Since I love all things paper, I decided to first try making hand rolled paper beads from some of the Japanese papers I used in my card making and then, from a nudge from SF, made some woven paper beads.  Loved doing it, but then, what to do with all these beads?  So, I had to MAKE something with them...earrings.  I like working with the metal aspect of it as well, so tried making all metal earrings.  Here are the results.  The best part is, people actually like them and buy them!

I have beads of all colours and will keep on creating with them.  The metaI I use are sterling silver, copper, brass and black steel, and have a few others I'm anxious to try.


























No comments:

Post a Comment